Carlo Gavazzi Automation, the international electronics group with activities in the design, manufacture and marketing of electronic equipment, today presents the RSGD 45mm soft starters with Modbus communication.
Very compact soft starter with minimal settings, self-learning algorithm and real-time monitoring.
The RSGD soft-starters are equipped with a Modbus/RTU communication port via a 2-wire RS485 connection, allowing the user to have a complete and easy real time monitoring of the product. In that way variables for energy consumption, voltage, current and other electrical variables can be easily communicated to a PLC for real-time monitoring of the motor condition.
The integration of a Class 10 electronic overload provides an advanced motor protection and results in further space saving on the electrical panel. Phase sequence protection and overload function can be enabled and disabled easily through the frontal push button.
The RSGD is the easiest to use soft-starter for 3-phase AC motors, as only 3 setting are required (FLC, ramp-up, ramp-down). The self-learning algorithm adjusts the soft starters parameters to work with different applications and varying load conditions without the need of adjusting the initial torque setting.
“As a means to allow our customers to have a real-time condition monitoring of the product, we have selected Modbus as our main communication interface on the RSGD. This serial communication protocol enables detection of any deviations in performance providing sufficient historical data that facilitates troubleshooting activity in the case of faults,” Brian Gauci International Product Specialis states. “High efficiency motors require high levels of starting current, causing more disturbances to the electrical network. Our RSGD soft starters are an advanced solution to counteract this issue.”
Developed in our competence centre in Malta, the RSGD soft starters will significantly enhance our offering to various sales channels and will thus make our offering more appealing to distributors and potential PLB partners. Typical applications are pumps, fans and compressors in Water and waste water, Agriculture, Energy and building efficiency, and HVAC markets.
Main technical features
- Self-learning algorithm to facilitate the user experience and reduce settings
- Initial torque setting not required
- Torque control algorithm for ramp-down
- Current balancing algorithm to reduce the current imbalance to <15%
- Operational voltage: 220 VAC to 600 VAC
- Rated operational current: 12 A up to 45 A
- 2-phase controlled with internal bypass of semi-conductors
- RS485 serial communication port (MODBUS-RTU)
- 2 relay outputs for Alarm and Top of Ramp (RSGD 45mm)
- Enable and disable phase sequence protection
- Enable and disable overload function
- Motor overload protection (Class 10)
- Enable and disable dry run function